You can get an abortion in Nebraska but only with an in-person provider. Telemedicine for abortion care is prohibited in the state.
- Nebraska requires state-directed counseling, then waiting 24 hours before having an abortion. This counseling can be done on the phone.
- If you are under age 18 in Nebraska, a parent or guardian must give permission for your abortion. If this is not an option for you, contact the JB Hotline.
- Abortion in Nebraska is legal to just under 22 weeks.
Learn more about your options in Nebraska at abortionfinder.org
There are three abortion clinics in Nebraska. You can also find out-of-state providers at ineedana.com, where you can easily search by zip code.
Medicaid and most private insurance does not cover abortion care in Nebraska. You can contact these groups for help with funding, transportation, and other logistics.
- Chicago Abortion Fund (312) 663-0338
- JEN (Justice through Empowerment Network) (605) 334-5065
- NAF Hotline Fund 1-800-772-9100
If you are a Nebraska voter wanting to preserve and expand equitable abortion access, we suggest getting involved with:
Where is AOD available?
California • Colorado • Connecticut • Delaware • Georgia • Hawaii • Illinois • Maine • Maryland • Massachusetts • Minnesota • Montana • Nevada • New Hampshire • New Jersey • New Mexico • New York • Oregon • Rhode Island • Vermont • Virginia • Washington
*Patients in D.C. must provide a Maryland or Virginia mailing address.*