- How much does it cost?Our fees vary by state. The $289-$389 fee includes a consultation with a board-certified clinician, the medication kit sent overnight, 24/7 call service, follow-up texts, an after pregnancy test, and coordination of after care if needed. For patients who report a financial need, we coordinate with multiple local abortion funds to provide sliding scale or free services. In all states we accept credit/debit cards with Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express logos. Our billing statements read “AOD”. We use the mailing address provided at your intake – not the address on your credit card – for sending medications. Check our resources page if you need help with funding. We cannot provide refunds after medication kits have been shipped.
- Why do you only go to 10 weeks?Medication abortion is very safe to 11 weeks, but our platform is not built to manage pregnancies more than 10 weeks at the time of intake. If you are between 10 and 11 weeks from your last period you can still get a medication abortion but it should be with a different provider. Please see our resources page for other options. Use our pregnancy calculator to quickly figure out how far along your are.
- Do you offer translation services?We are currently able to provide care in English only.
- Why don't you take care of people under age 18?Some states have strict rules about minors getting abortions. There are also federal rules about how old you must be to consent for online payments. We hope to work with abortion funds to address this in the near future.
- Do you require an ID?Yes. Some states have strict rules about minors getting abortions. So we require a valid photo ID with a date of birth if you are seeking care. Types of IDs include driver’s licenses, state ID cards, military IDs, and passports.
- Why do you require a pregnancy test?Pregnancy is not the only reason to miss a period. We don’t want you to spend time and money on our service if you are not actually pregnant. If your drug store pregnancy test is negative we ask that you see another healthcare provider to discuss other reasons why you may have missed a period. We do not require patients to show evidence of a positive pregnancy test on their video visits; we simply request that you do one.
- Is my information secure?Yes. We use secure platforms that meet federal and state privacy standards. By law your personal health information will not be shared outside of our service unless you give permission or we need to transfer your care directly to another provider. We do work with research partners to assess anonymous data and improve long term access to medication abortion. We will never sell your data for marketing purposes.
- How soon can I get an appointment?We are able to schedule most patients same day or next day. Most people get their medications to their doorstep within 48 hours of submitting their medical information and less than a day after finishing their 15 minute video appointment. To schedule, select your state from our homepage, review the information about your state, and select Schedule Visit when you are ready.
- Do I have to live in the state I selected?No, you do not have to be a resident of the state you select but you do need to be there for your appointment. Our software will confirm you are physically in the state you selected at the time of your scheduled video appointment. This state needs to match the state selected for your medication abortion packet sent in the mail. We do not provide care outside of the specific states we are licensed to practice.
Frequently asked questions
How long will it take? Will it hurt? How much does it cost? We have provided abortion pills to thousands of patients — here are some of the top questions we hear.