Last updated August 3, 2022
Thank you so much for your interest in working with us. We currently are at or above capacity for hiring at this time. Providing direct services is only one way to support abortion access. If you are a clinician, some other very meaningful and vital ways to support abortion seekers:
1) Publicly advocate for abortion access using your credentials (MD, DO, ARNP, CNM, etc). Silence about abortion in the larger healthcare community is literally killing pregnant people:
- Write an op ed in your local paper about the critical role abortion serves in your community.
- Join and/or support Physicians for Reproductive Health.
2) Become a sustaining donor for your local abortion fund. We suggest picking a shift a month in which you donate all or part of your earnings. Post about it on social media to encourage others to do the same; e.g. “This is Dr Smith heading in to my shift in the ER. I’ve decided to dedicate my earnings today to support people seeking abortion care, and let me tell you why I support my patients’ right to abortion care.”
3) Become a sustaining donor for Keep Our Clinics, which ensures community-based abortion providers can stay afloat during trying times.
4) Most importantly, JOIN DON’T REINVENT. We need everyone pulling together. Creating a new organization when there are folks in your community doing this work for decades may be more harmful than helpful. It dilutes the political power and diverts resources from local funds and providers. Sign up for their list serves and follow the lead of those in it for the long haul. And welcome to the fight.