You can get an abortion in Utah but only with an in-person provider. Please contact one of our colleagues below. AOD does not provide care in Utah.
- Utah requires state-directed counseling, then waiting 72 hours before having an abortion. This requires two clinic visits.
- If you are under age 18 in Utah, a parent or guardian must give permission for your abortion. If this is not an option for you, contact the JB Hotline.
Learn more about your options in Utah at abortionfinder.org
There are two abortion clinics in Utah, both in Salt Lake City. You can find more options – including out of state providers – at ineedana.com where you can easily search by zip code.
Medicaid and private insurance do not cover abortion care in Utah. You can contact these groups for help with funding, transportation, and other logistics.
- Utah Abortion Fund (801) 215-9441
- Indigenous Women Rising (505) 398-1990
- NAF Hotline Fund 1-800-772-9100
If you are a Utah voter wanting to preserve and expand equitable abortion access, we suggest getting involved with:
Where is AOD available?
California • Colorado • Connecticut • Delaware • Georgia • Hawaii • Illinois • Maine • Maryland • Massachusetts • Minnesota • Montana • Nevada • New Hampshire New • Jersey • New Mexico • New York • Oregon • Rhode Island • Vermont • Virginia • Washington
*Patients in D.C. must provide a Maryland or Virginia mailing address.*