You can get an abortion in North Dakota but only with an in-person provider. Telemedicine for abortion care is prohibited in the state.
- North Dakota requires state-directed counseling, then waiting 24 hours before having an abortion. This counseling can be done on the phone.
- If you are under age 18 in North Dakota, a parent or guardian must give permission for your abortion. If this is not an option for you, contact the JB Hotline.
Learn more about your options at abortionfinder.org
There is only one abortion clinic in North Dakota. You can find more options – including out-of-state providers – at ineedana.com, where you can easily search by zip code.
- Red River Women’s Clinic – Fargo (701) 298-9999
Medicaid and private insurance does not cover abortion care in North Dakota. You can contact these groups for help with funding, transportation, and other logistics.
- North Dakota Women in Need Abortion Access Fund (888) 928-9009
- JEN (Justice through Empowerment Network) (605) 334-5065
- South Dakota Access for Every Woman (605) 338-3350
- Indigenous Women Rising (505) 398-1990
- NAF Hotline Fund 1-800-772-9100
If you are a North Dakota voter wanting to preserve and expand equitable abortion access, we suggest getting involved with:
Where is AOD available?
California • Colorado • Connecticut • Delaware • Georgia • Hawaii • Illinois • Maine • Maryland • Massachusetts • Minnesota • Montana • Nevada • New Hampshire • New Jersey • New Mexico • New York • Oregon • Rhode Island • Vermont • Virginia • Washington
*Patients in D.C. must provide a Maryland or Virginia mailing address.*