You can get an abortion in Missouri but only with an in-person provider. Telemedicine for abortion care is prohibited in the state.
- Missouri requires an in-person counseling visit, then waiting 72 hours before having an abortion.
- If you are under age 18 in Missouri, a parent or guardian must give permission for your abortion. If this is not an option for you, contact the JB Hotline.
- Abortion in Missouri is legal to just under 24 weeks.
Learn more about your options in Missouri at abortionfinder.org
There is one abortion clinic in Missouri. You can also find out-of-state providers at ineedana.com, where you can easily search by zip code.
- Planned Parenthood – St Louis (314) 531-7526
Medicaid and most private insurance does not cover abortion care in Missouri. You can contact these groups for help with funding, transportation, and other logistics.
- Missouri Abortion Fund (MoAF)
- Midwest Access Coalition (MAC) 847-750-6224
- NAF Hotline Fund 1-800-772-9100
If you are a Missouri voter wanting to preserve and expand equitable abortion access, we suggest getting involved with:
Where is AOD available?
California • Colorado • Connecticut • Delaware • Georgia • Hawaii • Illinois • Maine • Maryland • Massachusetts • Minnesota • Montana • Nevada • New Hampshire • New Jersey • New Mexico • New York • Oregon • Rhode Island • Vermont • Virginia • Washington
*Patients in D.C. must provide a Maryland or Virginia mailing address.*