AOD is not yet able to offer a remote option for abortion care in Iowa. You can still have an abortion in Iowa, but it needs to be with a different provider.
- Iowa requires an ultrasound prior to an abortion.
- If you are under age 18 in Iowa, a parent or guardian must be notified before your abortion. If this is not an option for you, contact the JB Hotline.
- Abortion in Iowa is legal to just under 22 weeks.
Learn more about your options at abortionfinder.org
Here are the quality clinics we recommend in Iowa. You can find lots more options – including out of state providers – at ineedana.com where you can easily search by zip code.
- Emma Goldman Clinic for Women – Iowa City (319) 337-2111
Medicaid and most private insurance does not cover abortion care in Iowa. You can contact these groups for help with funding, transportation, and other logistics.
- Iowa Abortion Access Fund
- JEN (Justice through Empowerment Network) (605) 334-5065
- Midwest Access Coalition (847) 750-6224
- NAF Hotline Fund 1-800-772-9100
If you are an Iowa voter wanting to preserve and expand equitable abortion access, we suggest getting involved with:
Where is AOD available?
California • Colorado • Connecticut • Delaware • Georgia • Hawaii • Illinois • Maine • Maryland • Massachusetts • Minnesota • Montana • Nevada • New Hampshire • New Jersey • New Mexico • New York • Oregon • Rhode Island • Vermont • Virginia • Washington
*Patients in D.C. must provide a Maryland or Virginia mailing address.*