You can get an abortion in Arkansas but only with an in-person provider.
- Arkansas requires an in-person counseling visit, then waiting 72 hours before having an abortion.
- Arkansas requires your abortion provider to perform an ultrasound.
- If you are under age 18 in Arkansas, a parent or guardian must give permission for your abortion. If this is not an option for you, contact the JB Hotline.
- Abortion in Arkansas is legal to just under 22 weeks.
Learn more about your options in Arkansas at abortionfinder.org
Here are the quality clinics we recommend in Arkansas. You can find more options – including out-of-state providers – at ineedana.com where you can easily search by zip code.
- Little Rock Family Planning Services (501) 225-3836
Medicaid and most private insurance does not cover abortion care in Arkansas. You can contact these groups for help with funding, transportation, and other logistics.
If you are an Arkansas voter wanting to expand equitable abortion access, we suggest getting involved with:
Where is AOD available?
California • Colorado • Connecticut • Delaware • Georgia • Hawaii • Illinois • Maine • Maryland • Massachusetts • Minnesota • Montana • Nevada • New Hampshire • New Jersey • New Mexico • New York • Oregon • Rhode Island • Vermont • Virginia • Washington
*Patients in D.C. must provide a Maryland or Virginia mailing address.*